Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Tiling the Chairs

I have had two metal chairs for a number of years, and I am finally going to get them tiled. I finished the tiles about five months ago, and then I had to have the chairs sand-blasted, (there is a business, locally, that will do it), and then I primed and painted them. 

First of all, I got Bruce to help me take apart the little ice cream chair he’d gotten me. I had cut a piece of hardiboard to hold the tiles for the seat, so we had to remove the back and legs to glue in the hardiboard. Did we photograph the chair before we took it apart!? And did we have differences of opinion when putting it back together? No and Yes. After I glued the hardiboard in, we reassembled the chairs, and I re-painted the metal.



putting the chair back together


the ice cream chair, upside down on the work table, with my Dad's old tools on the seat


Tiles are ready to go as soon as the touch up paint dries. The image is from sketches of blue gentian, loosely interpreted.  When I get the second chair ready to go, I will post photos of both the chairs being mortared onto the seat area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment