Wednesday, April 21, 2010

spring sniffles, and little vases

For the next few weeks I'm going to be working on forms which I made a number of years ago, and, out of the series, kept the one I most liked  (either because it was one of the beginning forms, and has the energy of my trying to figure out what I could do with the shape, or because it came out of the firing with it's own sense of "being" (?), and which I thought might lead me into further exploration.  The first of these shapes is a little bud, or tulip vase, shown, here, with flowers, and with some of the first new variations, still at the leather hard, or drying stages.

Unfortunately, I've caught a spring cold, and am sniffling and blowing my nose incessantly, so my concentration is not the best.  Almost time to empty the sack of used tissues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment